Tanya L.Weston is one of the fortunate few who knew early on in life which profession she wanted to pursue. As a youngster she witnessed firsthand the success of her father Herbert Weston as he continued to build his reputation as one of the finest criminal attorneys in Southern California, and she too wanted to make the legal profession her life’s calling.
After graduating from the University of San Francisco and then earning her Juris Doctorate from the Western State University School of Law, Ms. Weston joined her father’s firm and quickly established her own reputation as a preeminent defense attorney.
She is regarded by her legal colleagues for her tenacious defense of her clients in all types of criminal cases.
One of the keys to Ms. Weston’s success is her thorough preparation on each case. She and her staff conduct intensive research to discover any and all facts that could have a bearing on the outcome of a case. She excels at relating to juries and is also recognized for her ability to negotiate favorable terms on behalf of her clients.
Ms. Weston is very active in a number of legal organizations and continues to champion the legal rights of the underdog.
DEGREES & LICENSES
- Graduated University of San Francisco
- Graduated Western State University School of Law Cum Laude- Juris Doctorate
- Sworn Supreme Court of California
- Sworn United States District Court- Southern District of California
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
- Union Tribune- Defending the “underdog” is in her genes- Nov 2004
- Past President of North County Criminal Defense Section
- Director 3 years in North County Lawyers Club
- California Attorneys of Criminal Justice
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Inns of Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- San Diego County Bar Association
- North County Bar Association
- California Defenders Association