Herbert J. Weston
Long considered one of the premier certified criminal law specialists in Southern California, Herbert Weston has literally redefined the scope of his profession.
During his illustrious career, Mr. Weston has established legal precedence in several cases that are now a part of classroom curriculum in law classes across the country.
In the face of insurmountable evidence he has won acquittals for many of his clients. And in other cases he has succeeded in obtaining reduced sentences through a variety of legal strategies.
One of the keys to his consistent success is his ability to research all of the details that pertain to a case and then focus on those aspects of the case that have a bearing on other pertinent points and, ultimately, the outcome of the case itself.
Mr. Weston is regarded as a highly competent professional who presents an everyday persona in his legal dealings––be it with the client, opposing counsel, the D.A.’s office, a judge or a jury. As a result, people in general appreciate the straightforward communications he presents, a trait that serves him––and his clients––well.
As exceptional as Mr. Weston is in presenting a case to a jury, he is equally adept in negotiating favorable terms for his clients with the D.A.’s office. Highly aware of his skills in presenting cases to juries, the D.A.’s office often seeks to negotiate a case to avoid going to court. This is a considerable advantage for clients who are facing the possibility of long-term sentences.
Mr. Weston has received numerous honors for his expertise in criminal law, including being named Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year.
DEGREES & LICENSES
- Awarded Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year
- Nominated to Inns of Court San Diego County
- Published and set law regarding parental rights with cult kidnapping cases in People vs. Brown
- Martindale Hubbell Rating AV
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
- Graduated from St. Vincent’s Seminary
- Graduated from Northern Michigan University Cum Laude
- Graduated from Western State University Law School
- Sworn into the Superior Court of California
- Sworn into the United States District Court of Michigan
- Sworn into the United States District Court Southern District of California
- Sworn into the United States District Court Central District of California
- Jefferson Law School, Graduated J.D., 1978
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Inns of Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California Defenders Association
- Past President North County Criminal Bar Association
- Past President of the North County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court